suegaluska

suegaluska

Kiss Me at Christmas - Valerie Bowman

We met Lady Regina Haversham in A Duke Like No Other....she is Mark Grimaldi's cousin.  During Mark's story, Regina was very attracted to Bow Street Runner Daffin Oakleaf.  So much so that she decides that she wants to lose her virginity to some one of her choosing before her 30th birthday when she will be forced to marry the Earl of Dryden.  Of course Daffin turns her down even though he is attracted to her.

Skip forward and it appears that someone is out to harm Lady Regina so Mark calls on his good friend Daffin asking if he would be Regina's bodyguard while he is out of town.  Daffin reluctantly agrees even though this means he will be staying under the same roof as Regina.....now the sparks can ignite!

While trying to figure out who is after Regina, Daffin and Regina spend a lot of time together making their chemistry combustible!  Just as things heat up, all hell breaks loose.  Now they just need a Christmastide miracle to get these two love shy people to open up their eyes and see what is right in front of them.  When all the dust settles, Daffin and Regina will finally get their happy ending!

I loved these two characters.  They both had such sad events happen in their childhood which had left both of them fairly jaded.  Together they brought out the best in each other.  Overall I really loved this story!