suegaluska

suegaluska

A Duke Like No Other - Valerie Bowman

I just love second chance romances. General Mark Grimaldi's professional life couldn't be any better. He is finally up for the job of the minister of Home Office, the position he has wanted his whole life, but he finds out there is a small problem.....they would prefer it, if he was married. Funny thing, Mark actually is married. He just hasn't seen his lovely bride in 10 years!!!! Mark foolishly married Lady Nicole Huntington, thinking they were in love, but then he came to find out Nicole had a secret that she kept from him, thus breaking his trust. The two of them have been living separate lives, content with how things are. Now, Mark must find Nicole and ask her for a favor....pretend to be his loving wife, at least until he gets the job. Then they can go back to separate lives. Too bad Nicole has a favor of her own! Oh, my lord I loved these two. They are both so stubborn and pig headed, but deep down they both still had feelings for each other. When they make the agreement that they will help each other out with what they each want, that is when things get fun. I loved the banter between these two. I also really enjoyed the mystery revolving around Mark's cousin. It was fun watching the women help solve the "who done it". Overall, this story has some really wonderful characters and a great story line that kept me entertained....and the chemistry between Mark and Nicole was sizzling!