suegaluska

suegaluska

The Duchess Deal - Tessa Dare

Emma Gladstone is tired of being pushed around. She may be just a seamstress but she is a damn good one. When an ex-bride-to-be doesn't pay her for the extensive wedding dress she made, Emma decides to confront the jilted Duke of Ashbury to get her final payment. What Emma didn't expect was to get roped into a marriage with the Duke.

Ashbury needs a wife right now who can produce him an heir and when Emma shows up in a wedding dress he makes up his mind and offers to help Emma with her financial problems if she will agree to be his duchess. Because of some other circumstances, Emma reluctantly agrees but she has some of her own stipulations to their marriage.

After spending more time together, Emma and Ashbury start to find a common ground and finally start to have feelings for each other. What started as a strained union, quickly turns into something more.

I just loved both of these characters. Their banter was so great and funny, I found myself laughing out loud often. I really loved Emma's stubbornness and the way she was able to finally get Ashbury to fall in love with her. Overall this was a wonderful book and I would highly recommend it!