suegaluska

suegaluska

Duke of Desire - Elizabeth Hoyt

Iris Daniels, the Lady Jordan has found herself in a rather interesting predicament and she believes she is going to die.  Imagine her surprise when one of the masked and nude Lords of Chaos removes her from the situation.  When the man throws Iris into his carriage she finds a guns and ends up shooting him.  What she didn't realize was that the man was Raphael de Chartres, the Duke of Dyemore and he was actually trying to rescue her.  From there the fun begins!

Raphael is trying to bring down the Lords of Chaos for personal reasons but he also wants to protect Iris.  He decides that in order to protect her, they must marry!  Iris, being a widow would rather remarry for love but Raphael convinces her it is for the best.  Iris accepts but wants a real marriage along with marital relations.  Too bad Raphael is against that.  It was hysterical when Iris kept trying to seduce Raphael.  Love a girl who knows what she wants!

While Iris is trying to put herself into Raphael's life, he is trying protect her and bring down the Lords of Chaos.  It was so enjoyable watching these two start to become more meaningful to each other.  When Iris starts pushing harder, she realizes that there are some ugly things from Raphael's past.  Only the power of love could really help Raphael escape from his past.  It was such an emotional road for these two to get to their happy ending but is was so worth it!

I just have to say....where have I been?  This was the first time I have read this author and all I can say is wow!  I can't believe there have been 11 other books in this series!  These characters are wonderful and perfectly flawed....and their story is beyond wonderful.  Plain and simple....read this story!