suegaluska

suegaluska

Lucas: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) - Sawyer Bennett

Book 8 gives us Lucas Fournier, Max's younger brother.  Luc enjoys his life of hockey, partying and woman and has no interest in settle down just yet.  When Luc is traded to the Cold Fury, he is excited to be playing with his brother and the possibility of winning the Stanley Cup.

While at a team function, Luc flirts Stephanie Frazier, the Museum curator.  One thing leads to another and the two of them find themselves leaving the museum for a night of intense pleasure.  Imagine Luc's surprise when Stephy shows up four weeks later with the news that she is expecting and that's where the fun begins.

Luc comes from a very close and loving family.  While it may not be the perfect time to have a kid, he finally accepts the news.  He explains to Stephy that he wants to be very involved in everything.  This throws Stephy for a loop.  She is used to having to do everything for herself, since she doesn't have a family in the true sense of the word.

I loved Luc.  He was such a great fun and sexy guy.  He rushed head first into the pregnancy with such great excitement.  Stephy reacted very differently.  While she knew she wanted to keep the baby, she just wasn't sure she would be a good mom.  Stephy is very guarded with her life because of her past.  Stephy doesn't let anyone in and certainly doesn't accept any help from others so she is very wary of Luc.  The two of them agree to relationship of mutual pleasure until the baby is born.  Of course this leads to deeper feelings on both of their parts.  Luc wants it all with Stephy, but because of her past, she can't.  It was a VERY long and emotional road for Luc and Stephy to get to their happy ever after, but it was certainly worth it.

I really enjoyed Luc's little sister, Simone.  She is going to be a real ball buster and I can't wait for her story with Van!