suegaluska

suegaluska

Mr. Big - Delancey Stewart

I have never read this author before and was asked to read this book in exchange for an honest review.    I must say, I was very impressed.  The characters were likeable...the story was funny and interesting....and I just couldn't put this book down.

Oliver Cody's world has completely imploded.  The world as he knew it has been turned upside down by a horrible event.  First he was on top of the world, and next he was crashing down at the bottom.  Ollie is the CEO of Cody Technology, having taken over the reigns from his dad.  The last thing he wants to be doing is working so he takes a six week break from his life.  When Ollie shows back up at the office one day, he stops at the company coffeehouse and runs into someone who has given him back a spark of life.  Enter Holland O'Dell. Oh, man did I LOVE this meeting.  Great laugh out loud sparring!  Ollie realizes he needs to know more about this girl.

Holland O'Dell has dreamed of working at Cody Technology pursuing her love of statistics and sports.  Fresh from earning her master's degree, Holland gets hired on at Cody Technology, but not doing what she had hoped to be doing.  It seems to get that job, you need to be a male.  Holland just plans to work on a secret project that she can woo upper management with that would guarantee her a promotion.  She is going to improve the company's StrokeStat program that is no longer be used and customize it for Major League Baseball.

Ollie starts hanging out at the coffeehouse hoping to run into Holland again.  Of course he does and then the real fun begins.  He realizes she is working on StrokeStat.  Considering he designed and wrote it, and she has no idea who he really is, he knows this will be fun.  He finally gets Holland to agree to let him help her with the hope of spending more time together.  As they spend more time together, things really begin to blossom and turn serious pretty quickly.  Just when it looks like his life is finally improving, the rug gets pulled out from under him and he has to face his issues and decide what he really wants in his life.

Ollie and Holland together were great.  The awesome banter in the beginning was priceless.  As their relationship progressed, things were only getting better.  Overall, I really loved these two characters and the journey they had to take to get to their happy ending.  I laughed, swooned and even cried.