suegaluska

suegaluska

Bossed - Sloane Howell

This was my first book by Sloane Howell and I was impressed.  This story was a fun, laugh-out-loud, really enjoyable read, along with a little sexy and sad times.

Jenny Jackson is on her way to a job interview with a sports agent company, Mason and Associates.  While walking on the sidewalk in a large, Texas city, Jenny accidentally bumps into this gorgeous guy wearing a suit and tie who looks like he should be on the cover of GQ.  Jenny starts apologizing when the suit gets all cocky and arrogant.  Well Jenny was never one to slink back quietly and gets all up in this guys face and lets him have it good.  He may be cute and sexy but he's still a prick!

Jenny barely makes it to her interview on time and guess who is the owner of Mason and Associates????  Yep, the cocky prick who she ran into, Ethan Mason!  Jenny realizes she probably won't be getting this job but sits down at the conference table with all the other guys.  Right away Ethan starts in on Jenny and of course Jenny can't help it, she throws it right back!  Ethan starts treating Jenny like she doesn't know a thing about baseball, which of course she does, and even starts spewing statistics.  Of course what Ethan says is wrong and Jenny gets up to leave, very irritated at Ethan and then corrects him on his statistic.  Now Jenny has really peaked his interest.  No female has done that in a very long time.  Jenny ends up getting the job and then the real fun begins.

I just loved these two together.  There is nothing better than a feisty female putting a male in his place.  I'd say Jenny gave it back better than she got it!  I really enjoyed the journey these two went on to get to their happy ending.  They both were raised by a single father which greatly shaped how they handled things in their lives.  I liked the secondary story about Jenny's dad and especially her friend Kelsey.  Overall this was a fun, sexy read.