suegaluska

suegaluska

Windswept - Sabrina Jeffries, Deborah Martin

Catrin Price is also known as the Lady of the Mist. Legend has it that the females in Catrin's family are cursed because when they married they did not drink from the Druid challis and the males in her family will all be infertile. Catrin didn't even know about this legend until the day of her wedding to Willie where he ends up dead even before they can consummate their marriage. Now Catrin is determined to find this challis that was sold years ago so she can marry again and not lose her groom to death. Catrin finds out that Lord Justin Mansfield has the challis and has agreed to sell it to her so she travels to London to buy it. After the sale, Catrin heads back to Wales and Justin ends up being murdered. Evan Newcome's best friend, Justin was murdered and he is trying to find out who is responsible. He is able to figure out that Catrin was suppose to meet with Justin on the night he was murdered and Evan plans to confront her. When Evan meets Catrin, she isn't at all what Evan expected. I just loved their first meeting. It was so pure and raw. As Evan is trying to get information out of Catrin, Catrin is also trying to purposely keep information from Evan while at the same time these two were enamored with each other. I really enjoyed how these two were so drawn together. It's like they were destined to be each others soul mate. Just when Evan believes that Catrin is innocent and didn't have anything to do with Justin's death, something big happens and all hell breaks loose! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED when Juliana stepped into action! That was awesome! I really enjoyed the big rescue at the end too. I could really picture what was happening very vividly. I also really enjoyed their well deserved happy ending. This story was different than any other Sabrina Jeffries book I have read. Overall I enjoyed the story and the characters but it didn't have much of the humor I have grown to love with Sabrina's books. It was certainly an enjoyable read and I even learned a bit about ancient Druids.