suegaluska

suegaluska

Burn Down the Night - Molly O'Keefe

Wow...this story really hit me on an emotional level.  Joan and Max are two people who have had a crappy life but have tried to do their best just to survive.  The two of them have put their younger siblings before themselves their entire lives and neither of them know how to just take any bit of happiness for themselves.  This story picks up right where the second book left off....Joan is taking Max, who has been shot by his own MC brothers, down to Florida to the only person who can possible help her, her Aunt Fern.  Joan has not seen Aunt Fern in seven years, but of course she helps her out.  Joan has kidnapped Max with the hope that if she helps him survive, maybe he will help her get her sister, Jennifer back from the crazy Langan.  I loved how Max and Joan kept fighting their feelings for each other.  They just couldn't give in to having something possibly good in their lives.  The chemistry between these two was off the charts, as was the emotions running between them.  Without giving away any of the story, let's just say that the path these two have to go on to get their happy ending was tough....have tissues ready.  I really loved the crazy characters down in Florida too.....those seniors could have their own story!  ;)  Overall, this was a great, sexy, emotional story that I could not put down!  I can't wait to see what happens with next book!