suegaluska

suegaluska

Hard Rules - Lisa Renee Jones

OMG!  I am in love with Shane Brandon!  This hero is so yummy and perfect you can't help but root for him.  Shane was a big shot lawyer working in New York City, and far away from the shady family business and he gets called back home to Denver to help his father and brother, Derek, out of sticky mess.  Shane makes the decision to stay in Denver and fight for control of the family business, Brandon Enterprises, along with removing all of the illegal activities that his family has gotten involved in.  Shane's dad may be slowly dying from cancer but he is still an S.O.B.  Dear old dad is pitting son vs. son to see who will win in taking over the family business.  The entire Brandon family is really messed up!

While in a little coffee shop across the street from BE, Shane has an unique encounter with a mysterious woman named Emily.  Shane cannot seem to get Emily off of his mind and he unexpectedly runs into her again and this begins the dance!

I loved the way these two lives were suddenly weaved together.  They both are good at keeping secrets from each but at the same time they are slowly starting to trust each other and those secrets are starting to become known.

Shane and Emily are both very strong, determined characters and I loved that!  And their sexual chemistry together was HOT!  I can't wait to see where this story is going and what is the big secret Emily is keeping!