suegaluska

suegaluska

To Have and to Hold (Wedding Belles) - Lauren Layne

I have never read this author before but I love wedding stories and wanted to try this one...Wow!  I'm sorry I waited so long to try this author out.  Lauren Layne created a wonderful story with believable characters and I just adored the ride.

Brooke Baldwin was a happy, bubbly wedding planner in Los Angeles, CA.  She planned the biggest and most important wedding of her career...her own.  The only problem, during the ceremony the FBI storm in and arrest her groom.  Embarrassed and devastated, Brooke heads to New York City to take a job with The Wedding Belles, NYC's premiere wedding planners.

Brooke's first wedding is for Maya Tyler, daughter of the Tyler Hotel Group's CEO who just recently passed away.  Since Maya has no living parents, her older brother Seth, who is now the CEO, decides to become involved in the planning because he is suspicious of her recent fiance.   While Maya is free spirited and fun, Seth is controlled and no-nonsense.

At the first meeting, Brooke is very attracted to Seth until he opens his mouth.  OMG...I just loved these two.  They were so different on so many things, yet so similar in other ways.  I really enjoyed the road these two took to finally get together.  Ms. Layne knows how to write some fun, entertaining dialog.  And their happy ending was perfect and well deserved for these two!

I really enjoyed all the other characters too....Alexis and Heather (the other Wedding Belles), Maya and especially Seth's best friend, Grant.  I would love to see Grant's back story!

Overall, I really loved the book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.