suegaluska

suegaluska

METTLE: A Spartan Riders Novel - J.C. Valentine

This is the second book in the Spartan Riders series and is Tucker "Country" Abrams story.  Tucker is second in charge, under President Blake Mahone and takes his job very seriously, unlike his relationships.  Tucker does not believe in love or relationships....a quick lay is all he needs....of course until he meets Talia McKinnon...the little, petite and fiery blond who doesn't fall for his crap.  Little does Tuck know that Talia is really an FBI agent undercover trying to find out who is behind the taking of women and selling them on the black market.  Talia decided to move as far away from the east coast after her bitter divorce to start a new life and thought this assignment would be perfect.  What Talia didn't expect was to fall for her target.  And boy did she fall.  I really enjoyed these characters, especially Talia.  She is a female who doesn't take crap from anyone and loves to give it back too.  The story line with the human trafficking was enjoyable how it played out.  I really liked the climatic ending how everything went down, although it would have been fun to see more action from Talia.  I enjoyed revisiting a lot of the characters we met in the first book and can't wait for Repro's story...I'm guessing there is a great story just waiting with that guy!  Overall, this was a great addition to the series.