suegaluska

suegaluska

The Sapphire Affair (A Jewel Novel) - Lauren Blakely

I just adore Lauren Blakely's books and this one sounded intriguing. Jake Harlowe is a bounty hunter who specializes in retrieving stolen items and returning them back to their rightful owners, even if sometimes he has to skirt the law a little. Jake has been hired to determine if Eli Thompson, the former CEO of the Eli Fund, had swindled the company out of ten million dollars. All he has to do is fly to the Cayman Islands and investigate. While there he doesn't expect to meet a woman but he ends up being swept away with her. What he doesn't expect is that Steph Anderson is Eli Thompson's stepdaughter! Oh boy, the story line between these two meeting was off the charts wonderful! The chemistry almost melted my Kindle! ;) I loved the story these two went through to be together....it was entertaining and fun! Just when the two of them realize what each other is really doing down in the Caymans, things get even better! The party at Steph's stepfather's house was a hoot! Nice touch! Just when everything looks to be turning out nicely for Steph and Jake....boom....big cliffhanger! This cliffhanger just leaves you needing to know how this will all end! Another winner from Lauren Blakely. Great characters and awesome story!