suegaluska

suegaluska

Slow Grind (Men of Mornington Book 1) - Eva Spencer, Tiffany Fox

Aubrey has had a crush on her brother's best friend, Drew since she was 12. Unfortunately he only sees her as Max's little sister. Fast forward 10 years....Aubrey is living in the United States with her father and her brother and mom are still in Australia. Aubrey is days away from finishing college and gets the news that Max's cancer has come back and he isn't doing very well. Aubrey drops everything and heads back to Australia. While she is there she sees Drew and it's like she never left. The only difference is that now, Drew sees her as a sexy woman and is trying hard to stay away from Max's little sister.

Max's friends discover some experimental drug treatment being done in Europe but they would need to raise $100,000 to get Max there. They come up with the idea of putting on a stripping show to raise the money and Aubrey can help them out with the dance routines.

With the time Aubrey and Drew spend together, things start heating up. I really enjoyed how these two characters related to each other. They were just destined to be together. It was fun seeing these guys going through what they needed to in order to raise money for Max. The cliffhanger was good! I can't wait to see where this story is going!

I won an ARC of this book and was excited to read it because I really enjoy both of the authors who wrote this book, but at the same time I was hesitant because the heroine's brother has cancer. My brother had cancer and lost his battle and this story was tough for the first few chapters. These ladies really described this ugly disease perfectly and brought out such emotions in me that at one point I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it. Thank God I continued on. Great job ladies and I can't wait for the next one!