suegaluska

suegaluska

Can't Hold Back: A Returning Home Novel - Serena Bell

Nate Riordan was recently released from the Army because of an injury and having a hard time of it. He started to become addicted to his pain meds and then quit cold turkey. He decided to go to his friend, Jake's place for rehab...anything to make the pain go away. What he doesn't expect to find is Alia Drake, who is working as a Physical Therapist at Jake's place. Nate used to date Alia's sister Becca, but always had feelings for Alia. When Alia finds out from Jake that Nate is there, she is determined to keep things professional. Just because she was the one pretending to be Becca and corresponding with Nate while he was in the Army, Alia thinks she can keep her real feelings for Nate locked away. Of course after all the time these two start to spend together, their feelings for each other start to emerge. I loved how these two tried to deny any feelings they had for each other. I really enjoyed how everything slowly opened up for them. It was a really sweet story with really great characters. I enjoyed learning about issues that veteran's can have after they are released and some of the things that can be done to help them. I really loved the Epilogue...very neat idea!