suegaluska

suegaluska

Vindicate: A Recovered Innocence Novel - Beth Yarnall

This was my first Beth Yarnall book I have ever read. I tend to not read a lot of romantic suspense books but the premise of this book just hooked me.

Cora Hollis has been trying to free her brother, Beau, from prison for the past 5 1/2 years. Beau was convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend, Cassandra, and Cora knows in her heart that he is innocent.

After hearing an interview on the radio with Ed Nash, from Nash Security and Investigation about their pro bono case where they freed a man who was in prison for 39 years, Cora knows that she needs to bring her brother's case to them.

Cora shows up at Nash Security and is quickly turned down by Savannah, the company's secretary. Leo, Ed's son overhears this and prompts his dad to at least listen to this person.

Needless to say, Cora completely impresses Ed and he decides to take on her case. Cora is a little put off by Leo, thinking he is a spoiled, lazy idiot! Of course Ed has Leo work with Cora on this case.

I just adored Leo and Cora. Leo did start off as a spoiled, lazy law student just biding his time during the summer at his dad's office, but he really turned into a great, caring guy. I loved the little role reversal here where he had wanted the serious relationship and she didn't. As for Cora, wow...this character was such a strong female. Not many people could put in the effort she did in trying to find the person who actually killed Cassandra. Her entire life revolved around this case that she really had no life. I loved how Leo helped her see that.

I really enjoyed the entire suspenseful part in trying to find out who the real killer was. This story kept me guessing the entire time. I was really convinced who it was to then find out, I was wrong! Love when that happens!

Overall, this was a wonderful story with great defined characters. I'd highly recommend giving this book a chance.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.