suegaluska

suegaluska

Snowflake Bay - Donna Kauffman
In book two of the Brides of Blueberry Cove series, it is Fiona McCrae's turn at love.  Fi just recently moved back to Blueberry Cove from New York City.  Even though her interior design company was very successful, it wasn't the type of work Fi was wanting to do.  Added to that she missed her brother and sisters.

Shortly after Fi is back she sees Ben Campbell at her brother Logan's house.  Ben was her brother's best friend and was also her childhood crush but he was too busy crushing on Fi's older sister, Hannah to ever even notice Fi.

Ben is back in town because he promised his parents he would run their Christmas Tree farm during this holiday season since Ben's dad has health issues and had to move down south.  Ben is enjoying being back in Blueberry Cove but he is also running his successful landscaping business back in Rhode Island.  He needs to figure out what he permanently wants to do with the farm.

I just adored both of these characters.  Fi is one of the funniest characters I have read in a long time.  I loved her sense of humor, her straightforwardness and her loyalty to her family.

Even though Ben has a very successful career in Rhode Island, when he is back in Blueberry Cove he finds that there are some things missing in his life.  I just adored the interactions between him and all of the McCrae's but especially with Fi.  It has taken Ben years, but he finally notices that Fi is more than his best friend's annoying little sister.  I loved his nickname for her!  Too funny!

The chemistry these two had was wonderful.  They ended up having a relationship that started out as friendship and turned into something more meaningful.  I really enjoyed their happy ending.