suegaluska

suegaluska

Review for Dare to Rock by Carly Phillips

Avery Dare, the youngest of the first Dare family finally gets her own story, and it was worth the wait! Avery's first love was Grey Kingston, the boy she met in high school who crushed her heart when he left to pursue his dream of being a rock star. Avery never got over Grey. Between Grey leaving and her father's abandonment when Avery was nine to be with his other family, she clearly has strong abandonment issues.

What Avery doesn't realize is that Grey has never forgotten her and he is growing tired of the rock star life and is ready to make a change and he's hoping that change includes Avery...permanently!

After Avery and Grey reconnect, she realizes she still has strong feelings for him but she is afraid to give her heart again because he will just crush it when he leaves. Grey has his job cut out for him trying to convince Avery he is here for good. The sex between these two is explosive! Just as things are going well, someone starts stalking Avery, causing her to have a panic attack. I loved how her brothers stepped in being all alpha regarding her safety! I loved it even more how Grey stood up to them! Swoon! :)

The path Grey had to take to prove his commitment to Avery, and the demons from Avery's past that she had to overcome made a great story. I loved the interaction between Avery and her half sister Sienna. I can't imagine the bond these two would have after what they went through. I really enjoyed the whole story around the fundraiser. What a great idea! And let's not forget Grey's best friend Lola! What a hoot!

Overall, this was a really great story that shows second chances can work out! Now I just can't wait to see what's up between Avery's roommate Ella and her brother Tyler! ;)