suegaluska

suegaluska

Barefoot in Pearls (Barefoot Bay Brides Book 3) - Roxanne St. Claire

I loved this book! I could not put it down. This story is about Arielle Chandler and Luke McBain. Ari is the last of the Barefoot Brides to find love. Her grandmother was a Miwok Native American and Ari was raised with their folklore. Having never read anything to do with Native American's before, I just loved learning about their heritage. Ari is just waiting until she meets "The One". Luke is Gussie's brother, whom we met in Barefoot in Lace, and is in town to build a house for Cutter Valentine. Luke was previously in the French Foreign Legion. His back story was very interesting. You really empathize with his feelings towards love. After a chance meeting, Ari believes that Luke is "The One", unfortunately he doesn't believe in love because of his past. As he is starting the process to build Cutter's house, Ari believes the site may be an ancient Native American burial site. The story of determining if it was a burial site was so interesting. I loved how together Ari and Luke looked into everything and loved the suspense behind what was happening too. As usual in a Roxanne St. Claire book, the epilogue was perfect and very emotional. LOVED IT! Plus, there is a sneak peek of the next Barefoot Bay series, Barefoot Bay Undercover featuring everyone's favorite Gabriel Rossi!